Wednesday, August 8, 2012

OK...phew...took some time off...

When you take time off of work...it's important to take time off from other things as well.  For me that meant the internet.  It wasn't that hard.  I thought for sure I would go nuts not checking in on Facebook.com and seeing what everyone else was up to..but I didn't...and for the first time in a long time I didn't care.

That was weird.  I was a late bloomer to the Facebook.com game.  I didn't sign up until I got married in 2009!  It probably goes with the fact that I didn't get a cell phone until 2002.  I know.  What the heck? 

I stayed off the internet and that meant staying off MyFitnessPal.com with my girls.  Tragic...since my butt might have actually gotten a little bigger by not logging on. LOL.  I'm back on the internet wagon and fully committed.  If you'd like to join me on the diet train go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/heatherwashere and friend me!

I found a really cool conversion website today.  GourmetSleuth.com
That site is AWESOME!  on MyFitnessPal.com when you enter in some foods it has the measurements set a little funny.  Maybe doing grams for grapes works for some people...but it's set at 1 gram as a serving size.  I've been sort of guessing...not reallying thinking about it and entering 50 grams for a serving.  Well, that was wrong.  My investigation of actually wanting to be correct when I enter in my food found that 92 grams of grapes makes one cup!  I usually eat 2 cups at breakfast.  50 grams...well...that's just laughable and you can see how much I really didn't put any thought into it at all. 

Now, with this new found knowledge I should probably go back and update my journal...but why discourage myself?  The past is the past...that counts for food journals, right?

While I am taking care of my body I want to take care of my mind too.  I need some good brain exercises.  I know I want to do a word of the day.  I want to have the definition handy and find a way to use that word at least once.
Lets try this one from WordThink.com

Today's Word of the Day

Aug
08
2012

Aesthetic

Aesthetic(s) adj. 1. Of or concerning the appreciation of beauty or good taste. 2. Characterized by a heightened sensitivity to beauty. “The aesthetic design of the building is amazing!”

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment