Monday, August 20, 2012

I suck at blogging...

I want to remember to post...but somehow it slips through my fingers! 

This weekend was so crammed full of stuff I have no idea how I survived.  Sick kids, really sick husband...so sick we had to go to urgent care!  Everyone talks about what a nightmare urgent care is but I have to say our experience was a nice one.  We called around to a few and found one with no wait.  It was 15 miles away...but in Houston...what isn't 15 or 20 miles away, right?  We got there, we check in and in about 2 minutes we are seated in a room in the back.  Very nice rooms with TV's, a sitting area and a play place for kids...in each room!  Luckily we didn't have to bring the kids with us.  They are on the up and up but my poor husband.  Ouch.  Picture swallowing a golf ball...got it?  Well..picture the golf ball getting stuck to the left side of your throat and neck.  Yup..that is what the back of his throat looked like.  Like a golf ball was lodged in there. AWFUL! 
Soooo back to the urgent care facility.  The staff was super friendly, it was Sunday...I didn't expect everyone to be so cheerful, and really took the time to take care of him.  The nurse came in did the usual questions, stats and then BAM! Looked in my husbands throat and almost passed out.  Seriously, it was that bad!  He had to swab his throat to see if it was strep.  My poor husband, I think he almost barfed on the nurse.  The test took 7 minutes to get results.  Negative.  So they said he has a bacterial infection.  He had a high fever and just all around in the dumps.  Prescription for some serious antibiotics and we were sent home. 
He is on day two of the antibiotic and although his fever is gone his throat is still so super awful. He is at home today, and not at work, resting like he needs to be. Feel better, honey!  *I doubt he reads this. LOL but just in case.

I haven't been able to craft in a while and it is driving me crazy.  I found a link, need to find it again, on Friday on how to make old T-shirts into grocery bags.  This is brilliant.  Why didn't I think of this?  You can never have too many grocery bags.  The reusable ones at the store range from $.99 to $2.99.  Well, I have tons of T-shirts from blood donations and 5K's.  They would make perfect bags.  As soon as I find the "how to" link and actually make a few and use them...I'll let you know.  I want to test drive them and make sure they won't bottom out if I put a gallon of milk or canned items in. 

That is my goal this week.  Upcycle!  I have so many things that I'm not using that I can turn into something usable.  I need to get on it.  Seriously.  I have got to leave this place better for my children and teach them not to be so wasteful. 

I'd rather be in the kitchen....but I'm at work instead.  It's OK...at least I am on my coffee break.
Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment